Fillet Steak With Home Made Chips Recipe
Cooking time: 50 mins
You can always go for the classic lettuce, tomato and cucumber combination if you want (and there's nothing wrong with that) but if you wanted to try something a bit more fancy why not go for a dressed allotment salad. You will need:
300g of stringed and sliced runner beans
85g of trimmed and sliced radishes
1 Little Gem lettuce
2 tbsp of olive oil
Lashings of salad cream
Just stick it all in a bowl and squeeze some salad cream on to it, easy and incredibly delicious!
We originally found this recipe on the BBC Good Food website but loved it so much that we had to share it here!
Steak and Chips
4x 14oz or 16oz James of Shepperton Fillet steak
1kg potatoes, peeled and chopped into thin chips
1. Prepare your steaks in a bowl or on a plate coating them with oil, salt and pepper.
2. Preheat the oven to 230°C.
3. Peel and chop your potatoes into chips before lightly spraying with olive oil spray.
4. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
5. Spread in a single layer on a tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden.
7. Cook your steaks in a pre heated pan for 2 mins either side for a medium rare steak.
8. Serve with the aforementioned salad.
And there you go, you have a fantastically delicious Steak and Chip dinner for the family! If you liked this recipe why not check out our others on our recipe page.